The zone diet follows a formula. 40% of your calories should come from carbs, 30% from protein, and 30% from fats at EVERY MEAL. The thing about the zone diet is that it really isn't that different from what dieticians have been telling us all along. Trying to limit your fat intake to 30% of calories is tough, so you could almost consider this a low-fat diet.
Also, the zone limits the amount of food you can eat by counting the number of "blocks" of carbs, proteins, and fat. This is similar to methods used at weight watchers. For this reason I don't really consider "The Zone" to be a fad diet, more like a healthy way of eating.
But let's be realistic you came to this website because you want a fad diet style plan. "Just give me a five-seven day long diet plan and I will follow it" you say. Alright, that seems reasonable. I will give you a week long menu plan if you leave me alone and support my sponsor by clicking here
and shopping around a little. I wrote this plan to meet the needs of everyone. Some meals are bought at McDonalds, many use simple ingredients, and you even get to go to a real restaurant on the last night. I hope you like it.
Here is The Lazy Zone Diet:
1 Meal replacement bar (pick your favorite, the Zone bar would seem appropriate but others (slim fast, power-bar, balance bar, Cliff Bar, Bag of M&M's (just kidding about the M&Ms))
2. Coffee, diet pop, whatever else but no sugar or creamer.
1. Lean Cuisine Meal
2. 1 slice of cheeze
1. Quarter Pounder or Grilled Chicken Sandwich - neither with mayonaise (from McDonalds)
2. Side Salad
3. Fat Free Dressing
1. Fruit Salad
2. 1 cup unsweetened yogurt (not-non-fat)
3. 1 oz. Nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, macadamias, etc.)
1. Deli Turkey or Roast Beef Sandwich with Lettuce, tomato, cheese, and barbecue sauce on Whole Grain Bread.
2. Diet pop or bottled water.
1. Large Bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup (choose your brand)
1. McDonalds Fruit and Yogurt Parfait w/Granola (yesterday was a pain in the ass).
1. Fast Food Salad (no fried chicken pieces allowed only grilled chicken)
2. Low-fat Dressing
3. Small hamburger (no mayo)
1. Lean Cuisine Dinner
2. 1 oz. nuts or one tablespoon of peanut butter
1. Small omelet made with egg whites
2. 1 slice of wheat toast (unbuttered)
1. The Biggest Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich you can possibly make on Whole Grain healthy Bread
2. Tall Glass of Milk.
1. Stir-fried Chicken and Vegetables
2. 1/4 of a container of White Rice
If you get this from a chinese take-out you only get 1/2 of it. The other 1/2 is tomorrow's lunch.
1. Meal replacement bar
1. Leftover stir-fried Chinese food from last night.
2. 1/4 of the container of white rice. Throw the remaining 1/2 container away before you start eating.
Healthy Choice Dinner
1. McDonalds Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
2 BLT sandwiches - no Mayo.
1 baked chicken breast
2 cups frozen broccoli
2 pieces of toast
1. 1 cup Whole wheat cerel
2. 1 Spoonful of peanut butter
1. Sandwich made with leftover baked chicken, Healthy Bread, Cheeze, lettuce, tomato, bargecue sauce.
2. Small bag of pretzels, or baked chips.
Dinner (going out):
1. Grilled Shrimp salad from a restaurant.
2. Lowfat dressing
3. Unbuttered dinner roll, baked potato or rice pilaf.
Note: If you want to continue to use the lazy zone diet you can substitute any one breakfast, lunch, or dinner but you cannot eat a breakfast for lunch or something like that. Got it? Good. Thanks for visiting Fad Diet.com